Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: In the Year Six (another brief vignette)

October 01, 2016 06:42PM
This is so excellent. Your style of writing is very Austenesque. I've been reading Persuasion, and this really does fit in so well. It's wonderful, but sad, because we know what's coming! I wonder, though, that he was surprised at how relieved she was that Sir Walter consented. She's underage, and so they would not have been able to marry without his consent. The only thing left would have been an elopement--thought I suppose that would have seemed as nothing to him, well travelled sailor that he is. He probably would have done exactly what he said there at the end. Anne doesn't realize how seriously he means that, while on his part, his thoughts of her as a maiden he will rescue is giving him these ideas of carrying off. He's ready to fight dragons to "save" her, so I can imagine how it will appear to him when the maiden herself doesn't want to be saved.
SubjectAuthorPosted

In the Year Six (another brief vignette)

Sarah X.September 30, 2016 02:27PM

ShannaGOctober 06, 2016 06:26PM

Jim D.October 02, 2016 05:01PM

Suzanne OOctober 01, 2016 06:42PM

I forgot to add...

Suzanne OOctober 01, 2016 06:43PM

Lucy J.October 01, 2016 07:28AM

SarahC.October 01, 2016 05:47AM

AlidaOctober 01, 2016 03:36AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 4?