Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Look out my dear Poms an Aussie is coming

May 15, 2015 03:49AM
Julia,

I've only been in London once (I was up for a CWA Dagger for a novel that's still unpublished, darn it), but, fortunately was able to stay with family (my Irish immigrant grandmother had 19 brothers and sisters, one of which wound up in London, so I had cousins I could stay with).

I'm not familiar enough to make many recommendations, but your trip reminded me of a short film called "From the Four Corners" I saw a few years ago in which three Commonwealth soldiers, one from Canada, one from New Zealand, and one from your own country (God bless a place that produces a Jon Cleary and an Arthur Upfield), when they meet the famous actor Leslie Howard. He takes them around the town, and talks about the shared heritage they all have as citizens of the Commonwealth, the heritage they're all fighting for.

Dandy film. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0UF36Nyg58&list=PLNsVXeTWRxyiqZRKvQS0xBHqtbhIrUtZW&index=12

Check it out.

JIM
SubjectAuthorPosted

Look out my dear Poms an Aussie is coming

JuliagMay 10, 2015 03:20PM

Jim D.May 15, 2015 03:49AM

Thankyou so much

JuliaGMay 14, 2015 04:13PM

Re: Thankyou so much

Julie CMay 20, 2015 05:38PM

Chatsworth and Derbyshire

TashaMay 13, 2015 03:02PM

Mari A.May 11, 2015 11:49AM

British Library

Debra McMay 11, 2015 04:44PM

Re: British Library

cpaulineMay 15, 2015 01:28AM

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 23?