Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Darcy's Hope ~Beauty from Ashes: Teaser for Book 2, Darcy's Hope at Donwell Abbey

September 24, 2015 04:32PM
Hello my loyal readers,

I can't thank you all enough for you active participation in providing me feedback on this story. Your compliments were a great encouragement, your suggestions welcomed, and your deductive thinking skills impressive!

As a result of your feedback, I "softened" Elizabeth in a few places, added a confession to Darcy of her impetuous and imprudent behavior, had her decide to not completely abandon all her medical aspirations, and most significantly, have decided to postpone the release of Darcy's Hope ~ Beauty from Ashes until I am sure I can release Book 2, Darcy's Hope at Donwell Abbey, with three months. I also amended the official blurb and took out "stand-alone" and added that the mystery would be fully resolved in book 2.

So, without further ado, below is a little teaser of what you can expect in Book 2. Of course, I will post it here for you all first to get your excellent suggestions.

It's been a wonderful ride!

~Ginger

DARCY’S HOPE AT DONWELL ABBEY

The story continues….

Nestled in the Derbyshire countryside at Pemberley, Elizabeth Bennet is a woman in love—with Captain Fitzwilliam Darcy, of all people! And in just two months, he would join her at his beloved estate for ten glorious days together.

But on her third morning there, she receives an anonymous letter threatening to expose her participation in an espionage conspiracy if she doesn't immediately sever all ties with Darcy. With a huff, she dismisses the letter until a newspaper headline dashes all her hopes. Her only choice is to disappear.

Amidst the ravages of war Fitzwilliam Darcy had finally won the heart of Elizabeth Bennet. Then she vanished. Darcy is devastated.

Ordered back to the Front, grief-stricken Darcy is helpless to find her. In the heat of battle, he recklessly climbs inside a factory smokestack to survey the enemy, and a direct hit by a shell sends him free-falling thirty feet into a pile of masonry rubble. Only a tiny music box and the quick action of his batman, John Thornton, save his life, but he is left deaf and blind.

Despondent and on the verge of death, he arrives at a hospital outside London and is coaxed back to life by an extraordinary nurse. Though he can neither see nor hear her, she reminds him a great deal of his beloved Elizabeth....

~~~*~~~
##
SubjectAuthorPosted

Darcy's Hope ~Beauty from Ashes: Teaser for Book 2, Darcy's Hope at Donwell Abbey

GingerSeptember 24, 2015 04:32PM

Re: Darcy's Hope ~Beauty from Ashes: Teaser for Book 2, Darcy's Hope at Donwell Abbey

Agnes BeatrixSeptember 25, 2015 11:22PM

It's not necessarily permanent : )

GingerSeptember 25, 2015 11:40PM

Re: Darcy's Hope ~Beauty from Ashes: Teaser for Book 2, Darcy's Hope at Donwell Abbey

EvansSeptember 24, 2015 09:28PM

RoxeyDecember 13, 2015 07:29PM

GingerSeptember 24, 2015 09:37PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 12?