Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Mr Nettleby

May 05, 2018 07:22PM
In Elinor's Endowment, 4 young men made a pact to court the dying heiress and share the proceeds. Mr Nettleby engineered a broken carriage to meet Elinor, and also met, and was favourably impressed by, Daisy. He grew disgusted with the pact when he began to know Elinor and her pack of girls as people, but wanted to court her anyway because he was attracted to her. When she picked Graeme, he decided to go abroad, and Elinor paid him a small fee to write back with interesting things about classical antiquities to add to lessons at school. Being in Greece for a year gave him a chance to grow up and if he was a moderately competent poet before, he should be better now.

I am really really glad that taking the trouble over researching the roads has added to your enjoyment, I am now the proud possessor of a book of roads with maps published in 1812, as well as several books written in the late 19th century of anecdotes about the coaching days taken from those who remembered them. It has enabled me to look on the journey to Brighton as an adventure in itself, and to think of it from the point of view of a lady who can get ratty when her ankle hurts after being hurtled about over less than adequate surfaces on still moderately primitive springs. London to Brighton now is something like an hour, and the delay is the traffic. 51 miles. to simulate 51 miles in a carriage of the time, put a light cushion in a wheelbarrow and ask someone to wheel you up and down a ploughed field for 6 hours
SubjectAuthorPosted

Daisy 4-6 (Deleted)

Sarah WaldockMay 04, 2018 11:06AM

Re: Daisy 4-6

AlidaMay 05, 2018 12:47PM

Sarah WaldockMay 05, 2018 07:22PM

AlidaMay 05, 2018 09:27PM

Why, it is a cliffhanger!

LilyMay 04, 2018 10:37PM

Re: Why, it is a cliffhanger!

Sarah WaldockMay 05, 2018 12:32AM

Re: Daisy 4-6

Agnes BeatrixMay 04, 2018 01:58PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 4?