Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: I'm so happy to see this!

October 20, 2017 03:45PM
Thank you, and thanks so much for your encouragement, which has a lot to do with me being back. I appreciate it.

Jeffery's fight fixing was enough to ruin some foolish young men, who could be taunted to risk too much on too large odds ... he will discover redemption eventually. We'll meet him again working towards it in the next book, The Bailliff's Baroness. Marguerite was happy to egg him on to win her as a way out, and I think that at first he was somewhat captivated by her. He learned cynicism young though. It was a most unpleasant society, fascinating but most unpleasant. And yes, eventually Marguerite will also have her happy ever after.

You can use probability theory based on the way people play each card in games like whist, to work out what everyone has in their hands. You already know where 13 of the cards are, of course you also have to ally it with psychology and how each player plays, whether cautious or reckless, and like poker, reading the 'tells' of their body language. It's easier to work using pure probability on a game like picquet. Toby is probably not aware how much people watching he does; as a vicar's son, he's learned from his father's knee how to sum up the parishioners and know how to react to them. Dice are pure mathematics.

Mary will have her share of vicissitudes, not quite the normal trope but .... well, wait and see
SubjectAuthorPosted

Ace of Schemes 1-3 (Deleted)

Sarah WaldockOctober 20, 2017 10:07AM

Re: Ace of Schemes 1-3

NickiOctober 23, 2017 03:14PM

Welcome back!

LilyOctober 22, 2017 06:13PM

Re: Jane Eyre

Sarah WaldockOctober 26, 2017 09:53AM

AlidaOctober 21, 2017 06:54AM

KarenteaOctober 20, 2017 05:38PM

Re: Many thanks! (nfm)

Sarah WaldockOctober 20, 2017 10:54PM

EmelynOctober 20, 2017 04:47PM

I'm so happy to see this!

Agnes BeatrixOctober 20, 2017 11:56AM

Sarah WaldockOctober 20, 2017 03:45PM

Agnes BeatrixOctober 21, 2017 08:39AM

Sarah WaldockOctober 26, 2017 05:33PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 10?