Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

I'm so happy to see this!

October 20, 2017 12:56PM
I have been looking forward to the Georgian series - and I'm glad to see you are posting again.
A delightful beginning! Is it actually possible to win at cards using probability theory? I understand the importance of memorizing what cards were used and by whom and in what order, but how does one count odds during a play? Or is it rather an understanding of when to risk more money and when to draw back? And dice is based purely on chance, isn't it?

I may not remember every detail from The Valiant Viscount - what did Jeffery/Thorngate do to ruin young men (whom Luke may now seek to employ)? I remember him cheating by manipulating the outcome of prize fighting and multiple attempts to seduce and/or kidnap Amy, Luke's sweetheart, but not this aspect.

Mary makes a great effort to be good to the girls, hopefully they will continue to respond well to loving attention and firm discipline (even if not with physical punishment). Do they have a father who might threaten Mary? The mother is horrid enough but a lecherous master can make things even worse. I look forward to see Toby's and Mary's storyline to meet and merge!

I like the new facets emerging about Jeffery and Marguerite. Well, he had been kind to her, but still he accepted an innocent girl as a stake of the game, and forced her to be his mistress when she did end up in his power. (Or did Peggy/Marguerite choose this route when he won her?) How horrid that in the era, his behavior actually counts as rather decent!

Thank you for the story!
SubjectAuthorPosted

Ace of Schemes 1-3

Sarah WaldockOctober 20, 2017 11:07AM

Re: Ace of Schemes 1-3

NickiOctober 23, 2017 04:14PM

Welcome back!

LilyOctober 22, 2017 07:13PM

Re: Jane Eyre

Sarah WaldockOctober 26, 2017 10:53AM

AlidaOctober 21, 2017 07:54AM

KarenteaOctober 20, 2017 06:38PM

Re: Many thanks! (nfm)

Sarah WaldockOctober 20, 2017 11:54PM

EmelynOctober 20, 2017 05:47PM

I'm so happy to see this!

Agnes BeatrixOctober 20, 2017 12:56PM

Re: I'm so happy to see this!

Sarah WaldockOctober 20, 2017 04:45PM

Agnes BeatrixOctober 21, 2017 09:39AM

Sarah WaldockOctober 26, 2017 06:33PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 19?