Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: The Predator, the Prey, and the Protector (10th Installment)

March 09, 2018 09:06PM
Well, I did change one historical event from "our" world, by inserting Frederick Wentworth into the place that, in real life, Admiral Pellew held at the Bombardment of Algiers. But that was not due to anything time travelers did.

In general, I would say that, for the purposes of the story, major events in history cannon, in general, be changed by time travelers.

Individual events to characters who don't exist in "our" world simply proceed as individual events would proceed to real people in the here and now, without regard to the future.

Hence, if one of the fugitives Mike and Jack are trying to locate rapes and murders, of, say, Miss Smith from Emma, that murder has already been recorded in the present day of that alternate Earth, and Mike and Jack would not be able to prevent it, no matter how hard they tried, and the bad guy would simply be fulfilling destiny. However, it's quite likely that the records of such a murder wouldn't've survived to this day.

But I tried to keep it simple precisely because I didn't want to have to consider broader philosophical implications while telling my story.

JIM
SubjectAuthorPosted

The Predator, the Prey, and the Protector (10th Installment)

Jim D.March 07, 2018 10:48PM

Actually...

AlidaMarch 09, 2018 07:05AM

Harvey S.March 08, 2018 06:50PM

Jim D.March 08, 2018 07:42PM

Harvey S.March 09, 2018 05:45PM

Jim D.March 09, 2018 09:06PM

Harvey S.March 09, 2018 11:42PM

KateBMarch 08, 2018 03:23AM

AlidaMarch 08, 2018 01:22AM

Jim D.March 08, 2018 02:33PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 5?