Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: A Circumstance of Tolerable Similarity Chapter 15 and Epilogue (Final)

November 13, 2017 02:21PM
I just got around to read this story, you made an excellent job of it! I loved the involvement of Anne and Frederick Wentworth and their help to change the course of Margaret and John's story. I had never really thought to comapre the two storylines but the attitudes are in fact similar. The characters were true to canon, and the relationship of Margaret and John was very comforting. I loved John's assertion that Margaret isn't his possession, and his unfailing care and comfort of his new wife amidst her grief. At least Margaret avoided the bleakness of all her canon losses without any comfort in the original storyline.
I loved the two mirroring scenes of Anne and Margaret being caught in physical work, dishevelled yet enchanting their respective young men!
And in spite of my original misgivings, I enjoyed seeing the color encoded quotes, as I am not so familiar with Elizabeth Gaskell's book as to recognize each quote, but with the reminder of the font color I was mostly able to place the quotes in their original context.
Thank you!
SubjectAuthorPosted

A Circumstance of Tolerable Similarity Chapter 15 and Epilogue (Final)

MorganANovember 10, 2017 11:48PM

Lucy J.November 21, 2017 03:57AM

Agnes BeatrixNovember 13, 2017 02:21PM

KateBNovember 11, 2017 01:23PM

Maria VNovember 11, 2017 08:06AM

EvelynJeanNovember 11, 2017 03:09AM

Well said! grinning smiley. nfm

KarenteaNovember 11, 2017 09:01PM

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 3?