Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: COD, 11

October 06, 2017 05:23PM
I felt a little sorry for Mrs. Churchill in this chapter..... Then, I remembered what she did to Robert Martin and felt less sorry.

Frank redeemed himself a little more in this chapter (for me). I didn't have a chance to comment on your last post. I did want to commend your development of Frank's character. Given his upbringing by the Churchills, it's understandable how Frank became so selfish and careless. Even acknowledging that, though, I was frustrated by him in the past chapter. His begrudging acceptance of estate responsibilities again, which he only resumed to avoid boredom / for purposes of selling Donwell in the future, was so selfish. He could see the impact that his actions had on his tenants' lives. Yet, the duties and obligations for his tenants were not what drove him to embrace estate management again. His actions with respect to Emma also bothered me a great deal. She had supported him at every turn and had been a true friend. But, as frustrating as Frank's actions/motivations were, they were also true to Austen's original character. I think you've done a great job in developing Frank while still remaining true to his essential characterization by Austen.
SubjectAuthorPosted

COD, 11

NN SOctober 05, 2017 10:17PM

TinaOctober 06, 2017 05:23PM

AiOctober 05, 2017 11:36PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 1?