Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Ignorance and Irony - Chapter 7 Part Two

Sabine C.
June 09, 2017 10:22PM
Hmm, an abduction or an elopement (from Lydia's POV)? Whose assertion is correct?
"Lydia is found", not "They have been found"... and no word about an eventual marriage.
And then the duke says that he will find the man responsible. In other words: Wickham is on the run...
It seems to me that the duke has the right of it, and this was more than Wickham just 'trrying for some fun' with Lydia. His strange commentary in the previous chapter and Elizabeth's letter re: Darcy's proposal which - suspected by all readers but not by our heroine - went 'missing' all point to Wickham being in the know.

I do find myself hoping, however, that the duke will not hold a grudge to the Bennets forever. It would seem quite heartless to suddenly forbid contact between them and Elizabeth, even when his worries about his granddaughter's safety are, of course, very understandable.

And Elizabeth! She has not yet had the chance to go over the reeling revelations re: Darcy as her grandfather's godson (and Georgiana as his goddaughter?) and the identities of 'Eddy and Bea' ( I quite suspected all along that they were Darcy's uncle and his wife ;-) )
I look forward to read the description of her head reeling with all that information!

I also wonder how the story will be affected now that Darcy is not be the one who rescues Lydia. Although, he can now still be the one to discover Wickham's whereabouts, of course, thereby helping both his godfather and Elizabeth.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Ignorance and Irony - Chapter 7 Part Two

MarciJune 09, 2017 03:13PM

Linnea EileenJune 10, 2017 06:31AM

mpinneyJune 12, 2017 11:51PM

Sabine C.June 09, 2017 10:22PM

Michelle AnneJune 11, 2017 12:16AM

But if the Duke's fears come true ...

GracielaJune 09, 2017 10:51PM

Trish1006June 09, 2017 06:32PM

Patricia NodaJune 09, 2017 05:27PM

MarciJune 09, 2017 08:20PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 12?