Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Ignorance and Irony - Chapter 6 (Part Two)

June 04, 2017 06:00PM
Authors Note: Sorry guys! I tried to make this one post, but I was about one page too long to fit! Huge shout out to Roxey and Betsy for your help! Don’t blame them for any leftover errors!

I did want to mention: I could not find very much information about how Colonel’s or any member of the militia “retires” during this time period (not just selling their commission). If anyone could help me out with how one would retire a Colonel, I would appreciate it!

Chapter 6 (Part Two) – The Ignorance…

It was three weeks after the announcement of Catherine’s courtship that Elizabeth found herself not only at yet another card party at Mrs. Philips’ but once again the focus of Mr. Wickham’s attentions. This time, Elizabeth found no joy, no pleasure, and had absolutely no interest in his presence. She felt she had to endure it for the sake of propriety. After all, I do not wish to cause a scene.

“Miss Bennet! How good it was of your aunt to throw this little going away party for the officers. Will you miss us when we leave tomorrow?”

“I must confess that I do not believe I will. I leave for the lake country in a few weeks and find myself excessively diverted with planning and anticipating the trip.”

“I had thought that with your cousin marrying, you and your cousins would not be traveling.” Mr. Wickham asked, then added, “Although, I have heard that your youngest cousin will be leaving as well next week to have an extended visit with Mrs. Forster.”

Alarmed at his knowledge of her cousin’s plans, she commented, “I had not believed that to be general knowledge.”

Laughing, Mr. Wickham stated, “I apologize for the bluntness, but I feel anything that Miss Lydia is excited about will be general news almost immediately.” He looked over at Lydia and since she was so close, they heard her speaking in animated tones to Lieutenant Denny about her planned trip to Brighton.

Elizabeth frowned and replied, “I see. You are quite right.”

Mr. Wickham continued, “I am more curious though, as to your trip. I understand you are for the Lake District, which is near Derbyshire. I also believe you have only recently returned from Kent. Both places have significant meaning to Mr. Darcy.”

“If you are implying that that is some clandestine relationship between me and him, you are mistaken,” she replied coolly. “I visited Mrs. Collins, the former Miss Lucas one of my dearest friends, who happens to have married my cousin. The destination to Derbyshire was of my aunt’s choosing since she grew up there.”

“If I gave the impression of any schemes, I apologize. I was simply wondering if you accidentally met up with Mr. Darcy in Hunsford.”

“Yes. I saw him quite frequently, almost every day” she replied trying to gauge his reaction.

“Really? That much.” He asked without emotion.

“Indeed. I was even introduced to his cousin: Colonel Fitzwilliam.”

At this comment, Mr. Wickham took a much larger gulp of punch than he anticipated and Elizabeth could see that some color had drained from his face. If she had not believed Mr. Darcy’s tale before, she certainly did now. The only reason for him to be scared of both Miss Darcy’s guardians is if he had been in the wrong. When he was able to respond, he stated, “His manners are very different from his cousin's.”

Elizabeth smiled and briefly wondered if Mr. Wickham found Colonel Fitzwilliam less of a willing victim than Mr. Darcy. "Yes, very different. But I think Mr. Darcy improves upon acquaintance."

“Indeed!” cried Mr. Wickham with a look which did not escape her. "And pray, may I ask, has he become more civil? I dare not hope that he is improved in essentials.”

"Oh, no!" said Elizabeth. "In essentials, I believe, he is very much what he ever was." While she spoke, Wickham looked as if he did not know whether to rejoice in her meaning or question whether there was a double meaning hidden in her words. His face became grave when she added: “I did not mean that he has changed in his manners, but rather, that by knowing him better I understood him more.”

Mr. Wickham at this point attempted to change the conversation. Elizabeth would have been pleased by the change had he not started to immediately ask about her grandfather.

“He is quiet well, I am sure.”

“I understand you correspond with him in London?” he continued, “I only ask since I am making a short visit there myself tomorrow for the Colonel and am to meet back up with the regiment in Brighton. If you wish I could convey a letter to him for you.”

Elizabeth responded, “I thank you for the offer however it will not be necessary: he is not in London at the moment.”

Before she could change the subject, Mr. Wickham asked, “I understand he lives in Oxford when not in London. Even so far away from Derbyshire, there are not many who do not know the Darcy family and must be well pleased by Mr. Darcy’s attentions toward yourself. After all, Darcy is very rich to be sure, were he to make an offer for you, it would be quite unprecedented. I do not mean to imply that is why you went to Kent, however, I did notice his attentions to yourself here in Hertfordshire, and to have him attempt to improve his character to someone who was so adamant about her dislike for the man, shows how…important you are to him.”

Every hair on Elizabeth’s neck started to stand on end as Mr. Wickham spoke. Part of her believed that somehow Mr. Wickham had found out about Mr. Darcy’s proposal. He could not have...could he? Surely not! She only responded, “I had thought you believed him to be engaged to his cousin, Miss De Bough? Indeed, I even heard her mother mention the engagement multiple times.”

Mr. Wickham did not know how to respond and allowed Elizabeth to change the topic. Only a few moments after the conversation waned did Mr. Wickham make his excuses; Elizabeth was pleased to see him avoid her the rest of the evening.

It was with a glad heart the next morning that Elizabeth woke and realized the militia was moving today. Now the house can calm down, she thought. Her wish was not to be granted.

As each day passed until Lydia left, she became more and more animated. She attempted for most of the week to make Catherine jealous of her. Each time, Catherine dismissed her comments and brought up Mary’s marriage again.

“Well!” Lydia exclaimed the evening before she left, “I am glad you have something to occupy your time. I daresay I will be having more fun than you. I will be at dances with officers, including your Lieutenant Sanderson, while you are taking the lace off Mary’s wedding dress that Mama had put on. I do not envy you a bit; however with your precious lieutenant near me, you will have much to be envious over!”

Choosing to ignore her sister’s blatant attempts to cast aspersion upon her beau, Catherine sighed, “Lydia, remember, you will be home for the wedding and that means less time at the sea.”

Pouting Lydia said, “I remember! I do not understand why Papa had to cut my fun short simply for a wedding to a clergyman!”

Catherine felt Mary stiffen at this comment, and said in a gentle rebuke, “Lydia, you are not coming home for the Reverend, but rather your sister. I should think you would be excited about standing up with Mary.”

“No. I do not wish to.” Lydia said petulantly, “The fabric she has chosen for our dresses is simply too dull.”

Catherine, who had helped Mary pick the pretty blue fabric that would match all the ladies’ complexions, became irritated and took Mary’s arm and said as she ushered both out of the room, “Well, I guess, if you do not wish to be in the party, you do not have to be. It is Mary’s day and it should be joyful. I daresay it would be better if you did stay in Brighton!”

Jane and Elizabeth both gasped at Catherine’s abruptness, although neither could bring themselves to censure Catherine. Mrs. Bennet felt no such qualms and started exclaiming, “Oh my dear! Not have all my daughters in the wedding party! That is not to be borne! Mr. Bennet!” she cried as she raced out of the room.

Elizabeth and Jane rose to go after Mary and Catherine. The rest of the evening was spent in Mary’s room in sisterly reflection of their time together.

In the morning, Elizabeth and Jane met on the stairs as they went down for breakfast. As they reached the bottom, they saw Sarah carrying an extremely large tray of food. “I take it my cousins are partaking of breakfast in their rooms today?”

“Only in Miss Mary’s room. Miss Mary wanted to work in her the rose garden at the parsonage. Miss Mary claimed she had much work to do if she would be able to use some of the flowers for her wedding. I believe Miss Kitty, I mean Miss Catherine, was going to paint while there” the maid replied.

Elizabeth and Jane smiled at each other and headed down to breakfast. After breakfast, Lydia was quite put out that only Elizabeth, Jane, and her parents were there to see her off. “Surely, Mary and Kitty should have been here to say goodbye! It would serve them right if I do not write to either while I am away!” Jane and Elizabeth looked at each other and attempted to ignore Lydia’s comment. A few moments later, she was in the carriage, waving ferociously to the small gathering of servants outside the house.

As Elizabeth watched her youngest cousin’s carriage depart, she felt overcome with a wave of melancholy and a sense of impending disaster. Elizabeth opted to walk off her unease and went into exchange her shoes for some sturdy walking boots. Unfortunately, her walk did nothing to dispel her bad humor. When she arrived back at Longbourn, she found she had a new letter from her grandfather and eagerly tore it open, hoping for good news to lighten her spirit.

Heythrop Park, Oxford
May 27, 1812

Dearest Lady Elizabeth Bennet Talbot,

We are now only a little more than four months away until I finally get to see you; four months until I finally get to show the world Faith’s daughter. You will notice that I have already begun the transition, Lady Elizabeth. I cannot wait to show you off to the world.

The first people I will introduce you to, besides our exceptional servants, are to Eddy and Bea. I assure you, I will be in quite a bit of trouble if anyone meets you before Bea does. I should warn you: she likes to embellish her stories. I was not as much of a rapscallion as she would have you believe. After all, I was the father of her best friend; that had to cloud her judgment, at least a little. And remember: neither Evette nor Faith would ever let me get into too much trouble.

You will also notice, I have removed from London to the country. There was nothing to keep me in town, except your idiotic cousins pestering me about you. Apparently, they are now attempting to convince people you do not even exist. I think they will be the second set of people I will introduce you to and I apologize in advance for the acquaintance.

Actually, Lady Caroline is not as obnoxious as her relations, I will admit. I saw her and her husband the Colonel Wharton about four weeks ago. They were quite pleasant. I was quite taken back by how she had aged. By ton standards she has aged gracefully, for a former Talbot, she is the best of the lot. I have not seen her since Faith’s grand ball. At the time she had her first child on the way. I will admit to a little shock that she now has seven children!

Of course, Jones found out that three of her children are unwed males. Her and her husbands’ attentions to me are could be seen as annoying but they are understandable. I actually believe she has much in common with Fanny. After all, she has quite a few children she must marry off. I know I should be more annoyed than I am, but her actions are not like those of the Earl of Shrewsbury. He, it is quite clear, only wants the title; Lady Caroline I believe actually wishes her children to be happy. I am quite pleased to see some of my relations that I might actually be able to tolerate.

You can guess that I am well pleased to be away from prying eyes at the moment. Robert came with me; apparently he had more leave he decided he should probably take. I cannot help but wonder at the military’s judgment: Robert appears to spend more time with me than he does training his men. I asked him as much, and he only shrugged and replied that it was probably time he retired. I could not help but ask what he would do if he did retire: apparently bothering me will be his sole agenda. He did mention something about wanting to spend time with you as well.

I actually believe he might completely retire before your return. He has made several comments about it. He has enough money to live wherever he wishes. Part of his reluctance, it seems, is due to his fear of boredom. He mentioned that once and I replied that between the both of us we have enough friends to keep him occupied.

As I write this, it occurs to me, he might help me with my work. After returning to Heythrop, I found out I missed a few letters from my solicitor; there has been water damage from a recent storm to some of the wings. Apparently, I have need of a new roof over a large part of the main house.

The servants, before I arrived, cleared the attic of all the lost treasures up there. The roof will start its repairs tomorrow. In the meantime, I have been going through the lost items and having the items too damaged to save thrown out. From the looks of everything that is currently sitting in the ball room, my next few months will be quite busy.

Speaking of being busy how is our Jane? Has she been keeping herself busy? When I saw her last, she was quite withdrawn and much more reticent than she normally is. Please tell me she has been taking care of herself. I know that her physical health will be seen to by Fanny, however, how is her spirit?

I know the spirits of both Mary and Catherine to be high. Has Catherine’s suitor finally gotten to the point yet? Are they or are they not courting? Being so far away from the drama, I feel as if I am out of the proverbial loop! Give me some juicy gossip please! Thomas’ correspondence has been very lax recently, I can only assume there is not much to impart. However, I know I will be able to get some news from you!

Oh! Have I told you yet? Little Marcus, the son of one of my upstairs maids, has been learning how to ride from Jones. One of the windows in my study overlooks the back gardens that are above the stables. I saw him teaching the boy how to mount a few weeks ago. My housekeeper told me, in confidence of course, that he has been spending a lot of time with Maria and Marcus. I wonder if he will ever get to the point…

What is it with men not proposing already? Every day I turn around and another of my acquaintances seem love lost. In my day, you chose your mate (or in my case had one chosen for you) and got to the point: quickly. None of this mucking about!

Now that I feel like an old matchmaker, I will sign my adieu. I look forward to your presence in London four months from now. Until then, give my love to our family in Hertfordshire, and save some of it for yourself,

Your Grandfather,
James Talbot

Longbourn, Hertfordshire
May 30, 1812

Grandfather,

Until I meet with you in London, I am still Miss Elizabeth Bennet. I have no wish for the responsibilities that will come with title until absolutely necessary, I assure you. Last summer, when we stopped to look at those grand houses, did you not get a sense of freedom by simply being known as Mr. James Talbot? No one was looking at you to use you, or impress you. They simply were themselves, and quite pleasant I might add. After hearing of how society attempts to make a favorable impression for their own gain, I have no wish to enter that society until I absolutely have to.

On a different note, I will admit to missing you very much. Mary is planning on getting married in late fall. We have been learning a lot about her intended. She has been hesitant these past months to learn about the Reverend’s siblings due to the fact that the elder brother is the son of their mother’s first husband and apparently has an estate in Oxford.

Are you familiar with Mr. Maurice? I will admit to a little curiosity and learned a little more of Michael’s family the last time he was here for dinner. His elder brother’s estate is called Ashdown Manor? I will admit to never hearing of it before but then Oxford is a somewhat larger county, is it not? Maybe not, I guess. It would, however, be impossible for me have learned of every grand house in Oxford having not been in that vicinity for more than three months together.

On a similar note, or maybe a dissimilar note, I was wondering if there would be anything we could do for Mary and Michael? Mary is quite blossoming into a lovely young woman, but I fear if she stays in Hertfordshire her whole life, Aunt Fanny may never allow her to become independent. Do you know of a parish that might be nearer to Michael’s family than Mary’s? It would of course, have to be an improvement to Meryton for the good Reverend to be persuaded to leave his current parish.

I am pleased to say that the Lieutenant Sanderson has finally been persuaded to come to the point with Catherine. The militia, as you know, removed from Hertfordshire last week. Before he left, the suave lieutenant asked formal permission to court Catherine in order to be able to correspond with here while he is stationed in Brighton. Catherine was and is overjoyed. I believe Uncle is upset that the lieutenant distressed Aunt Fanny by not asking for Catherine’s hand in marriage instead.

It is Jane that has me worried. You were right, of course, when I retrieved her in London, she had lost some weight; it has not passed anyone’s notice that more of Jane’s favorite dishes have found their way to the dinner table each night. Actually, as I write this, to say that I am worried is wrong. I am saddened. Jane seems to be overcoming her heartache and moving on. She has started to laugh again, and I am pleased with how she is healing. However, I am disappointed that she was ever put in this position to begin with. Jane, of all people, is too good of a person to have been used so badly.

I need to get this in the mail. I miss you much, Grandfather. However, do not be angry with me that I do not want to wish this time away. It may be the last freedom I have with my cousins. I will see you in the fall. Greet Uncle Robert for me!

Your Granddaughter,
Miss Elizabeth Bennet

Heythrop Park, Oxford
June 7, 1812

Lady Elizabeth,

Actually, you have been Lady Elizabeth Evette Bennet Talbot since birth, young lady. It is only out of my own benevolence that I allow you to disregard your actual station in life. You are the granddaughter of a duke and a future duchess: pray you never forget it! I guarantee your Talbot relations will not, once they actually meet you of course.

Now, it seems, would be the best time to impart my bad news to you: since my last letter, more of our Talbot relations have sprung up in Oxford. It is almost as if they are following me in order to get a glimpse of you. The Earl has sent at least three missives inviting us to parties in London during the season and has asked that we meet before meeting publicly. I can only imagine it will be to determine if he wishes to acknowledge the connection. I for one, do not care, and told him as much in my reply. I should warn you: he is getting more determined for you to marry his son.

I am almost ready to arrange a marriage between you and my godson only to avoid the chaos that is our Talbot relations this season. I do not know the history, as he has never told me the circumstances, but my godson seems to be able to scare away my relations whenever he can. One minute the Earl is standing beside me annoying me, the next minute William walks up and he and his family scatter.

As I said, I am almost ready to arrange the marriage. Fortunately for you, my godson would never agree.

I have gossip of my own: Robert has finally confessed, he is taking all of his leave at once and has already signed his retirement papers. He will officially be Colonel Robert Talbot, retired gentlemen as of July 30th, 1812. I badgered him until he relented: the coup de grace was when I threatened to send Jones to London to find out from his superiors, exactly what had happened! Did he really think I would not notice his failure to wear his regimentals?

He has spent much time with Burke and the horses and is quite pleased with a jumping mare Burke has been working with. I will admit, some of the hedges I have seen Robert jump this past week have me believing he will die from a broken neck. Oh well, he has been invaluable to me my entire life and I will have our parson write up a very fitting eulogy for him.

I told him as much: he did not find it as comical as I did.

What I find amusing are his actions regarding a recently widowed lady who has moved back into the area. A Mrs. Rembrandt; not related in any way to the painter--I asked. She moved back to Oxford, last year. I find that Robert’s frequent visits to Heythrop to visit me have all been pretense: Mrs. Rembrandt used to be Miss Isabella Cartwright and a former love interest of our dear Robert!

When he reminded me of it, I was shocked to be sure! He had been half in love with her around the time he joined the army. Her father is a retired General, and I can only assume influential in Robert’s choice of professions. Robert also reminded me that Mother detested the General and his family. It was one of the reasons Robert was not allowed to choose his own spouse. Mother, as the former Duchess of Shrewsbury, God rest her soul, felt that Miss Isabella would have been completely inappropriate for one of her sons.

I am pleased for him. He has been spending much time with her and her grandchildren, two of whom live with her and her son. I have also met the son and can say I am quite impressed. Taking into account their family’s history with mine, I will overlook their obvious dislike of me. After all, it would be reasonable to believe I would act as Mother did. I would, of course, never stand between my brother and his happiness; he has spent too many years sacrificing for his duty to the family and country.

As to Mary’s intended extended family, I am quite familiar with the Maurice family! John Michael has been a source of amusement for me since his birth. I was good friends with his father for years, and mourned his passing as any dear friend might. Victoria, his mother, attempted to raise him alone for a few years, until she finally remarried a delightful young man who trained John Michael well for his duties at Ashdown Manor.

Maurice has always been thankful for his step father: Stephen Forsythe. Maurice claims that the man did not have to be a father to him and he will always be indebted to Stephen for choosing to be one anyway. I have not seen Maurice in a while: our paths have not crossed in years! I am even more delighted for Mary to have chosen little Michael Forsythe for her husband. That young man was always asking questions and trying to keep his sisters out of trouble.

As to your question about finding a better position for the young Michael; I do not believe you will need to worry on that score. After receiving your letter, I dropped by unannounced to Ashdown. Fortunately, Maurice was home. I let him in on our secret and he was as equally delighted with how things have arranged themselves as I am. He also informed me that he will be offering the living he has near Ashdown to his brother.

He invited me to see where Mary will be living. Trust me there will be plenty of improvements made before she arrives: one of which will be her very own rose garden. Maurice has promised this will be our secret.

If Mary knows before she sees it, we will blame you.

This letter is already longer than I intended. I will leave off for now. I miss you and will see you in four months.

James Talbot

Longbourn, Hertfordshire
June 12, 1812

Grandfather,

How is Burke? You have not mentioned him recently. I know Jones is doing an excellent job as your guard, but have wondered how Burke has been now that he is married and settled.

I am pleased for Uncle Robert! Please let him know! Actually, now that I know where he has chosen to settle, I just may inform him myself! He has not written to me in quite a while; I was starting to believe I was no longer his favorite niece! Tell him to write to me of this Mrs. Rembrandt.

I have been noticing how our world is shrinking. Have you? Uncle allowed me to read your letter from weeks ago about Sanderson and his connection to Jones and in turn his connection now to you. Now an old flame of Uncle Robert’s has come back, and Burke had already found his lost love. It makes me wonder how connected our two worlds are that we cannot see.

Do not mind me: I am probably imagining influences that are not there.

Aside from my random musings, there is not much happening here. My world here in Hertfordshire has seemingly finally slowed back down to its relative unhurried pace. Mary is, of course, excited about her wedding. However there is not much to be done that Catherine is not helping her with. I am quite pleased with the friendship those two have developed. Mary smiles much more, although I am pretty sure that is due to her betrothed and not Catherine. However, she also joins and participates in conversation much more as well which I do attribute to Catherine’s playful and energetic nature.

Catherine now gets at least two letters a week from Brighton: one from Sanderson and one from Lydia. Although the contents of both could not be more dissimilar; it is obvious that Lydia wishes to do nothing except gloat to Catherine about her time in Brighton with all the officers, of course.

Next week is Lydia’s birthday, and even though she is not here, Aunt Fanny has decided we will still celebrate it. We are all to send our presents to her most cherished child in Brighton, and will have a cake in her honor on the actual day. I found this touching and then realized Aunt Fanny had never done anything like this for any of her other children; now I simply find it amusing. I think Aunt Fanny is starting to realize that her children are grown and they will not be at home for much longer.

Jane seems to have completely rallied, or at least as much as a heartbroken person could, but her outlook on life has definitely changed. She still believes there is good in people but is more wary to allow anyone close. I cannot say that I blame her but it is quite disconcerting to see.

Oh! There was something important I had to write to you: the Gardiners have changed their plans. We will not be leaving next week, instead we leave next month and will confine our journey to the area surrounding a small town called Lambton. Edward’s business, as you are already aware, could not spare him for the full three months. We shall start our visit in Madeline’s hometown.

I shall write to you the address as soon as we arrive.

Miss Elizabeth Bennet

Heythrop Park, Oxford
June 18, 1812

Lady Elizabeth Talbot,

First things first: Burke is a father! He adopted a little boy who was orphaned by an accident from a local village. The boy had no other family, so Burke decided to make him part of ours. Luke is only ten years old and the perfect age to learn about horses, or so Burke claims. The paperwork was completed yesterday and we had a small celebration. I apologize for not informing you of his plans earlier: it was his wish to keep the official adoption a secret from everyone not involved with it until it had finally been completed.

Maggie is beside herself with joy; neither she nor Burke ever believed they would be parents. Having started their own small family so late in life, they had relegated themselves to the role of unofficial grandparents to little Peter and Marcus. Burke and Maggie have sacrificed much together, it is good to finally see their happiness

I do, however, feel a little wicked: I sent Robert away from his intended. Not to get him away from her, rather to have him choose and order a small pianoforte for Mary’s new home. I decided that was one thing I could do before all the chaos of your presentation. He agreed, reluctantly, but in the end seemed determined to get to London. I believe he decided he has his own errands to run in the town. I, for one, will not be a gossip and guess what those are.

I only hope he realizes we have plenty of jewelry from which he can choose. He need not buy a ring.

As I was reading your comment about Lydia, I found I have only one more thing to ask you: What the devil is Lydia, of all people, doing Brighton? I was not aware Thomas was had gone to Brighton. Surely he did not allow her to go by herself!.

Write me soon, dear girl!
James Talbot

Longbourn, Hertfordshire
June 24, 1812

Grandfather,

Uncle Thomas is not in Brighton. However, Lydia is not completely alone there. I was under the impression Uncle Thomas had informed you that my cousin was invited to Brighton by the Colonel’s wife: Mrs. Forster. She left at the end of May and has been in Brighton with her friends for almost an entire month now. She will return to Longbourn about three weeks before Mary’s wedding. I, for one, do not believe she should have gone; certainly not by herself.

Uncle approved of the trip, however. Aunt is pleased Lydia is enjoying herself and Uncle is happy she got a trip with so little inconvenience to himself. Catherine has been corresponding with Lydia. She was informed that Lydia is a favorite of all the men. However, Sanderson’s correspondence shows a different story: by most of the men, Lydia is found to be ….juvenile at best.

On a different subject, I will admit to my own excitement, or at least I should be excited. We leave in two weeks for Lambton. I had been planning on going through my things, here at Longbourn after my return; however, I find myself without much to do this week and too much time to meditate on subjects’ best left closed. Jane was quite amused by the fact that I am almost finished with my task. All the remains are those things that I wish to have with me in London.

Catherine and Mary were quite pleased with themselves after I let them go through the clothing and things I determined I did not need anymore. They have made plans to redo most of the dress for Mary. Catherine was equally as pleased with the hats and bonnets she received that would give her something to remake for herself.

I know I will need a new wardrobe when I take my place by your side, but admit to a little hesitation. So many of my dresses have memories attached to them and I found it quite difficult to give up as many as I probably should have. Surely, I will not need fine clothing every day. I understand I will for calling, and engagements, but I have never thought my things…inappropriate. Oh well, I am sure, Catherine and Mary would appreciate them even if I am not ready to give my old things up later.

I guess I will have to get used to giving up a great many things and much of my freedom. However, I remind myself I will be gaining the greatest reward: you. Greet Uncle Robert when he gets back from London for me. I will see you soon.

Miss Elizabeth Bennet
SubjectAuthorPosted

Ignorance and Irony - Chapter 6 (Part Two)

MarciJune 04, 2017 06:00PM

Cat dastardly Wickham !

LisaZJune 07, 2017 03:38AM

Whoops, I meant "That Dastardly Wickham" (nfm)

LisaZJune 07, 2017 03:44AM

Re: Ignorance and Irony - Chapter 6 (Part Two)

Lucy J.June 07, 2017 02:09AM

JoannaJune 06, 2017 01:29PM

Linnea EileenJune 06, 2017 03:54AM

Jim D.June 05, 2017 03:18AM

Trish1006June 05, 2017 12:17AM

NickiJune 05, 2017 11:02AM

AiJune 04, 2017 09:19PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 12?