Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Comments and some Italian

September 26, 2016 06:20PM
I can't believe you didn't write the date! Wasn't the title "Date Night"? There I was, all anticipation, and you simply let Georgiana go, just like that? And yet, it was a perfect ending. Family, love, home. And Georgie going to be engaged by the end of the night, because in my mind that's exactly what happens during her date with Tye, he proposes. So, thank you for not writing it. I can now let my imagination run free smiling smiley

I loved these vignettes. I love that you wrote about the adoption, and how it was stressful and tiring and time-consuming, and how Elizabeth and Will cryed together - their struggles and strength were described with such a delicate touch, those scenes were so moving! Then, a few paragraphs later, you add unexpected joy and a welcome comic relief in the form of a future baby and a brisk doctor

We are here to talk about your kidneys, so could we please move on to that?
LOL

Last but not least, the gold-dress date, my favourite vignette! Tye is simply wonderful: awe-struck and in love, mature and finally embracing his feelings for Georgiana. Moreover, he proves to be a gentleman when he decides to wait until Georgiana's graduation to declare himself. He is a man now, and has learnt caution and patience. This was the perfect prequel to "Beautiful Music".

Now, since you asked so politely, and I happen to be Italian, here are some corrections. First, let me tell you how much I appreciate your humility: not everyone asks for help, and I've lost count of the published authors who happily mangle foreign languages in their books without a care in the world. You care, and that's a welcome change.

"Elisabetta, Fitzwilliam! Eliabetta, I see you have had your baby. How many bambinos is it, four?"
Elisabetta - you forgot the "s" the second time.
Bambinos - the word is figli or bambini.

Tua sorella ama musicisti?
If Will and Claretta are on a first-name basis, it's A tua sorella piacciono i musicisti?. If Claretta is addressing him more formally, it's A sua sorella piacciono i musicisti?

Le piace questo musicista, si,
It's , with an accented ì - if you forget the accent, it means something else smiling smiley

My compliments for your use of bella. It's very popular and exactly what I would expect Claretta to call Georgiana.

Thank you so much for this special treat, Bernadette!
SubjectAuthorPosted

Beautiful Celebrations: Parts 4 and 5 - Complete

BernadetteESeptember 26, 2016 02:49AM

Re: Beautiful Celebrations: Parts 4 and 5 - Complete

KathyKSeptember 30, 2016 03:01AM

Janice HSeptember 30, 2016 12:44AM

ShannaGSeptember 29, 2016 06:08PM

jancatSeptember 28, 2016 07:48PM

Comments and some Italian

LilySeptember 26, 2016 06:20PM

Correction Request-and Comments

BernadetteESeptember 27, 2016 02:20AM

Last correction...

LilySeptember 27, 2016 12:49PM

Last Correction Request

BernadetteESeptember 28, 2016 12:56AM

Belated, but corrected. (nfm)

Amy I.October 31, 2016 12:50AM

Suzanne OSeptember 26, 2016 05:09PM

KarenteaSeptember 26, 2016 04:19PM

Margaret FSeptember 26, 2016 02:36PM

Shannon KSeptember 26, 2016 02:29PM

JanetRSeptember 26, 2016 01:51PM

Lucy J.September 26, 2016 04:02AM

Lucy J.September 26, 2016 04:35AM

BernadetteESeptember 26, 2016 05:19AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 21?