Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Upcoming Book Events in Chicago and Midwest

September 27, 2018 02:47AM
For those of you living in the Chicago area, particularly the West Suburbs, I'll be speaking at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 Madison Ave, Forest Park, IL, on Saturday, 6 October 2018, at 1400 hrs. (2pm for you non-police types).

For those of you in Chicago's North Side, or Near North suburbs, on 17 Oct. 2018, at at 1900 hrs. (7pm to civilians), The Book Cellar, 4736-38 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL, is holding a local author's night on Wednesday, 17 Oct. 2017, at which I'll be participating.

Some of the other local authors who will be there include my sister crime novelist, Julie Hyzy, winner of the Anthony, Barry, and Derringer Awards for mystery fiction; Beth Ann Fennelly, a poet laureate for the State of Mississippi; Francie Arenson, contributor to Huffington Post, Today's Parent, and the Chicago Tribune; and Monica Berlin, winner of the 2017 Crab Orchard series in Poetry Open given by the Crab Orchard Review.

From 19-21 Oct 2018, I'll be one of hundreds attending the Magna Cum Murder conference, a regional mystery convention sponsored by Ball State University, to be held at the at the Columbia Club, 121 Monument Circle, in downtown Indianapolis, IN. The "one-book-one conference" selection will be Dashiell Hammett's Red Harvest.a

Hope some of you can come to at least one of these events.

Anybody who hangs around the Happy Assembly gets a free Dick Tracy comic book.

JIM
SubjectAuthorPosted

Upcoming Book Events in Chicago and Midwest

Jim D.September 27, 2018 02:47AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 21?