Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

First Novel Finally Out!

June 25, 2018 05:02PM
Not a lot to do with Jane Austen here, but my first novel, a police procedural called An Obscure Grave, is finally out. It's available in botha trade paper edition and on Kindle at Amazon.com, Amazon.ca.com, Amazon.co.uk, and (in Kindle only) at Amazon.com.au.

You can check out the cover here:

https://www.amazon.com/Obscure-Grave-Jim-Doherty-ebook/dp/B07DT1JPZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529945540&sr=8-1&keywords=an+obscure+grave+jim+doherty

It features Dan Sullivan, a character I've developed over the last few years in a number of short stories, the most recent of which, "Breath Test," appeared in Mystery Tribune, and the next of which, "Cap Device," will appear in Mystery Weekly.

In An Obscure Grave, Dan, an undergrad at UC Berkeley, working his way through school as a part-time cop, is pulled into a missing persons case that's getting a lot of media attention. The prevailing theory is that the girl has been kidnapped, but Dan has information, that may or may not be reliable, that the victim's dead, buried in an "obscure grave." It was a finalist for a Debut Dagger award given by the British Crime Writers Association.

Love to hear any comments you have on the cover, which I think was great!

Incidentally, if any of you have Kindle Unlimited, you can get the electronic edition for free.

JIM
SubjectAuthorPosted

First Novel Finally Out!

Jim D.June 25, 2018 05:02PM

Re: First Novel Finally Out!

Debra McJuly 13, 2018 03:37AM

Jim D.July 15, 2018 09:34AM

Patricia NodaJune 29, 2018 04:38PM

Jim D.June 29, 2018 07:28PM

Patricia NodaJune 30, 2018 12:05AM

Jim D.June 30, 2018 06:05PM

ShannaGJune 25, 2018 11:11PM

Sarah WaldockJune 25, 2018 07:18PM

Jim D.June 25, 2018 08:51PM

Sarah WaldockJuly 01, 2018 11:13PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 6?