Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Regency Reference Materials

December 02, 2017 01:19PM
I'm afraid that the printed copies of Treatises aren't much kop either but I did find pics online, I believe it was googlebooks. I find having the printed text very useful to just flick through. When in doubt, Ackermann's online via the internet archive has pictures in some issues, I think it's the 1810-1812 ones. Unfortunately the Internet Archive has become user unfriendly so it will take more work than it used to. When you do manage to get there you should be able to download each issue as a PDF, and read at your leisure.
Amazon do have some excellent random bits and pieces, I have a book of enigmas[riddles], charades and transpositions with answers, from the Classic Reprint Series, a list of merchant ships at sea for 1812 with their size and owner, and the odd pocket almanack which gives things like the dates of the University terms. It's also well worth the £79 a year to subscribe to the British Newspaper Online source. I use it constantly, checking the weather, and odd news snippets as background to my writing.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Regency Reference Materials

MorganANovember 20, 2017 05:35PM

Sarah WaldockDecember 01, 2017 07:55PM

MorganADecember 01, 2017 09:34PM

Sarah WaldockDecember 02, 2017 01:19PM

Harvey S.December 03, 2017 06:12PM

Sarah WaldockDecember 07, 2017 10:08PM

DorotheeNovember 21, 2017 07:50PM

MorganANovember 22, 2017 03:37PM

DorotheeNovember 20, 2017 06:56PM

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 16?