Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Regency Seminaries

June 12, 2017 08:42AM
Yes, I made a mistake with the newspapers. I started saving the pages to my computer as full page images, so they're not searchable. When I realised how inconvenient it was, I went back and started saving clippings of individual adverts and articles into Evernote, tagged by subject, but it's a big job and sadly other things often get in the way, like writing and housework. smiling smiley

I did find one thing about Seminaries that made me smile, from the Lady's Monthly Museum, (Feb 1811) in the "Notes to Correspondents" section:

"We have received a printed advertisement of a Seminary for the instruction of young ladies as good housewives. We are at a loss to imagine with what intention it was printed; if as a hoax, it has failed; if as satire, it wants point; but if seriously intended, we must commend it, though the art of "milking cows" and "feeding pigs" are accomplishments which may generally be dispensed with."

siggyquill.gif
SubjectAuthorPosted

Regency Seminaries

MarciJune 06, 2017 06:02PM

MarciJune 12, 2017 04:00PM

Heather FJune 11, 2017 11:22AM

Caroline01June 16, 2017 09:30AM

Sarah WaldockJune 11, 2017 10:27PM

Caroline01June 16, 2017 09:29AM

Heather FJune 12, 2017 08:42AM

Sarah WaldockJune 13, 2017 03:05PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 15?