Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Inheritance law question

January 18, 2017 02:08PM
I came across an issue (not exactly in JAFF, I hope it's not wrong to ask here though) about the possibilities of inheriting an earldom, and I would like to ask the legal experts' help about it. It was my understanding that an illegitimate child could not inherit a title, even if later the peer in question marries the mother of the child. Am I wrong here though? I thought, moreover, that the inheritance depends on the original grant of the title and estate by the King: e.g. what happens if there are only daughters. As far as I know it was a rarity that a daughter could inherit the title and be a peeress in her own right, but it could happen. But was it also possible that the title could pass to a daughter's male descendants if there were no other male relatives to inherit (without the daughter actually holding the title)? Maybe if the original patent included this possibility?

Thank you very much!
SubjectAuthorPosted

Inheritance law question

Agnes BeatrixJanuary 18, 2017 02:08PM

Re: Inheritance law question

AlanJanuary 19, 2017 08:04AM

Agnes BeatrixJanuary 19, 2017 08:15PM

AlanJanuary 20, 2017 08:52AM

Agnes BeatrixJanuary 21, 2017 09:00AM

LizzySJanuary 18, 2017 02:55PM

Harvey S.January 18, 2017 09:00PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 23?