Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

The not so charming Austen villains....

March 13, 2016 02:12PM
Whilst concentrating on the obvious ( I won't allow them to be charming) villains in Jane Austen's works, what about those who are lurking on the sidelines who deserve some time in the spotlight however unconfortable they may find it? For starters I give you the spineless, weak-willed, lily-livered, wife dominated puppet of a man that is John Dashwood. People have commented on his harpy of a wife and her acid tongue and selfish ways, but could she even have begun to make life so unbearable for the Mother and daughters Dashwood if her husband had not utterly, in the most cowardly way, broken his promises to a dying father, and allowed her to browbeat him and almost see them in the workhouse? Should this sad excuse of man be allowed to creep away unchallenged like an unset jelly sliding off a plate? No, indeed he should not. Step up sir and explain yourself....

Yes, I had a recent re-watch of Sense and Sensibility and allowed myself a little Sunday, moral outrage at John Dashwood. Is he the worst of the sideline snakes? For me, yes, he is......(-:
SubjectAuthorPosted

The not so charming Austen villains....

Jim G.MMarch 13, 2016 02:12PM

Re: The not so charming Austen villains....

Lucy J.March 14, 2016 03:35AM

PeterMarch 13, 2016 09:33PM

Jim G.MMarch 13, 2016 11:14PM

Suzanne OMarch 14, 2016 02:05AM

Jim G.MMarch 14, 2016 12:43PM

PeterMarch 14, 2016 09:33AM

PeterMarch 13, 2016 11:31PM

Jim G.MMarch 13, 2016 11:50PM

Rae ElaineMarch 13, 2016 08:41PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 18?