Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Spacing of new chapter postings

October 22, 2015 09:01PM
Jim,
I understand the role of the 3-4 days period between posting is to prevent pushing down other authors' stories from the first page of the story board. At present, for example, there are 6 stories on the first page, from a time period of 2 weeks (the earliest story posting closest to the bottom is from Oct 7). If, say, NN S were to post ManGo updates every day (I don't mean any offense by picking her story, only it seemed she posted every 3-4 days so I assumed she might be in a position to have ready chapters to post quickly) and to each update there were 6-8 comments, other stories would disappear from page 1. It is especially true for shorter stories or one-shots (there is one now on the board). If it is pushed down from the first page, people might not see it (I don't often check beyond the first page unless I specifically search for earlier parts of a story I had not read before).
My other comments were meant not in favor of the spacing rule but regarding the other changes Rae Elaine proposed instead, if I understood her correctly.
SubjectAuthorPosted

A Study Not in Scarlet.

Jim G.MOctober 18, 2015 10:14PM

Rules are rules.

Amy I.October 19, 2015 02:12AM

Re: A Study Not in Scarlet.

Jim D.October 19, 2015 01:08AM

Re: A Study Not in Scarlet./endorse

Rae ElaineOctober 19, 2015 04:17PM

Agnes BeatrixOctober 21, 2015 05:28PM

Jim D.October 22, 2015 07:45AM

Spacing of new chapter postings

Agnes BeatrixOctober 22, 2015 09:01PM

Re: Spacing of new chapter postings

Jim D.October 23, 2015 03:32PM

Re: Spacing of new chapter postings

KentOctober 23, 2015 05:06PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 20?