Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: A Study Not in Scarlet.

October 19, 2015 01:08AM
I'm not a moderator, but, as far as I'm concerned, no problem.

Fact is, though I don't mind following the rule as a writer, as a reader, anxious for the next installment, I wish that rule would be revoked.

Curiously, I"m working on a Holmes pastiche myself, "The Adventures of the Manhunting Marshal," in which we learn, among other things, that during his "Great Hiatus" following the encounter with Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls, Holmes, under the assumed name of "Mike Croft," was a deputy US marshal working out of Judge Parker's court.

It's for a series of Holmes anthologies collectively titled Sherlock Holmes - Consulting Detective, published by a small, niche publisher called Airship 27, to which I've been invited to contribute.

You can read more about the anthology series here:

http://www.thepulp.net/pulpsuperfan/2015/04/01/sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective/

I'm kinda looking forward to a more in-depthy Holmesian analysis of my favorite Austen novel, Persuasion. I know you've already covered it in an earlier story, but that was more about finding the link between Holmes's client and the novel than about Holmes's and Watson's opinions on the book. I expect that a stolid military man like the Doc will be quite taken with Wentworth.

JIM D.
SubjectAuthorPosted

A Study Not in Scarlet.

Jim G.MOctober 18, 2015 10:14PM

Rules are rules.

Amy I.October 19, 2015 02:12AM

Re: A Study Not in Scarlet.

Jim D.October 19, 2015 01:08AM

Re: A Study Not in Scarlet./endorse

Rae ElaineOctober 19, 2015 04:17PM

Agnes BeatrixOctober 21, 2015 05:28PM

Jim D.October 22, 2015 07:45AM

Spacing of new chapter postings

Agnes BeatrixOctober 22, 2015 09:01PM

Re: Spacing of new chapter postings

Jim D.October 23, 2015 03:32PM

Re: Spacing of new chapter postings

KentOctober 23, 2015 05:06PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 14?