Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: thank you both...

July 17, 2015 12:44AM
I hadn't backed up recently because of family illness etc and not getting round to it... my bad. Friends have been fantastic, rallying round with what they have, and with the last backup I've managed to put together about 80% of what was lost.
The real bummer was the loss of my weather research, which can be done over, another patient 300 or so hours reading newpspapers, and the odd incidental bits of news I noticed and saved with some idea of using later... that was so random I'm not sure I'll ever manage to recreate that. sad smiley Also all my photographs of smocks and my research for a book on the history of smocks and smocking. Which MIGHT be on an old laptop if I can get at it.
I have also trawled through my sent files, and copied and pasted stuff I'd posted on my blog.
And of course all the recent photos of my cats, except the ones I had posted on the cat blog. A dozen or so out of 120.
Well, it'll teach me to be more scrupulous.
SubjectAuthorPosted

worst possible news

Sarah WaldockJuly 16, 2015 05:15PM

Re: worst possible news

nicoletteJuly 20, 2015 06:31PM

Oh, no!! (nfm)

LisetteJuly 20, 2015 02:16PM

Sarah WaldockJuly 17, 2015 12:44AM

AlisonJuly 18, 2015 02:49AM

Re: no great loss without some small gain...

Sarah WaldockJuly 21, 2015 07:39PM

LizzySJuly 16, 2015 07:37PM

Janice HJuly 16, 2015 07:24PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 3?