Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Delaford?

April 29, 2015 11:13PM
I have been trying with limited success to envision Colonel Brandon's estate at Delaford. We don't see it at all in the 1981 or 1995 version. I have not seen the entirety of the 2008 version -- just a couple of clips where the exterior is shown briefly. I must admit those few images were rather underwhelming, as I thought it might be a bit more impressive than what I recall seeing. I know it would not be as grand as Pemberley in P&P 1995, but what might be a good comparison (i.e., homes used in any of the Austen adaptations or other estates where I could pull up some images on the internet)?

I read somewhere that Brandon's income was near that of Mr. Bennet's. Would that necessarily mean Delaford would be similar in scope to Longbourn? (The Longbourn I have always envisioned is the house used in P&P 1995.) For some reason, I have always pictured Delaford a bit larger -- maybe looking something like the house used for Netherfield Park in P&P 1995.

Thanks in advance!
SubjectAuthorPosted

Delaford?

GretchenApril 29, 2015 11:13PM

Re: Delaford?

gloria L.May 02, 2015 06:34PM

GretchenMay 04, 2015 05:21PM

Gloria L.May 06, 2015 04:11PM

Jim D.May 01, 2015 02:08AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 14?