Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Oops, sorry- I think I figured out what you are saying

April 26, 2015 12:46PM
Redson.
Now, I can only speculate what our good correspondent Jim G.M. was doing in his piece on Collins, who, though a minister, seemed unfamiliar with Leviticus. Was he -- jim, I mean, -- leviticussing with us?

Explanation:

Take a "Darcy is gay" topic (using a modernism) suggested by M'sieur Redson. Spoof it. Charlotte dreams, Mr Collins, in the best Collins manner, bumblingly obliges with nonsensical understanding, over-intense morality and insultingly patronising head-patting towards his wife. Charlotte can't use a non-existent "gay" term (at least not in that context) so she uses a word that isn't over macho in said context. Can't use "homosexual" not yet a recognised term, can't use crass terms such as sodomy or buggery that Charlotte wouldn't use: Living in Meryton, then Hunsford, where the only seas are those of grass, she may well have had little to do with naval matters ( a well recognised area of male er, romance) and thus remain purposely ignorant of such things unless rumours of hanky-panky amongst the local militia caused scandal.. What to do? Mr Collins, being an Anglican/C.of E minister, may well not agree with Mr Redson's Bible-student conclusions, it being two-hundred years ago back in time, when things got more goggling then Googling, and may go with the King James common views, therefore, use the biblical Leviticus as something Charlotte can handle by just being Charlotte and Mr Collins as a minister can probably recite word for word in his sleep. Problem solved. (-:
SubjectAuthorPosted

Abomination! Now with more damning thunderbolts!

Femme MalheureuseApril 25, 2015 07:03PM

Re: Abomination! Now with more damning thunderbolts!

RedsonApril 26, 2015 12:44AM

Oops, sorry- I think I figured out what you are saying

RedsonApril 26, 2015 01:11AM

Jean M.April 26, 2015 07:24PM

Jim G.MApril 26, 2015 12:46PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 8?