March 14, 2015 09:28PM
I have three stories, in various degrees, that are candidates for the Fantasia Gallery that should be Beta'd. The common plot element is called a "time slip," a paranormal event which lend itself to spontaneous time travel, with very little push beyond its specification. (see wikipedia "time slip")

One story knick Jane and Lizzy from the morning after the Meryton Assembly Ball [P&P2] to a C-141-A Starlifter 67-0007 between Hickham, HI, and Norton AFB, CA. They find themselves in the cockpit as the crew recover from the time slip induced massive power failure. I think it is a riveting read until they have arrived and greeting an English Consular, but how to bring it to an end? Or what yet need be done? It has an incomplete feeling. Maybe it is at the point just right for a sequel.

Last minute idea: Since they are, by their beauty, gowns, and speech patterns, quite the center of attention, have a "now you see 'em" moment, then a flash, "now you don't see 'em." They got time slipped back to the next tick after they left. They use their drawing accomplishments to sketch what they think they remember as if fearing their vision fade away in time. How do they explain their drawings of a "T-tailed, swept wing, sub - sonic bug sucker" (&c.) to their associates of the Regency Era? Lizzy use her Darcy connection and Lloyd's of London (exist at that time?) to establish a note to be mailed to their friend, the day after they went back in time. "It is not fair to leave him wonder our fate."

The "note for the future" notion should work for less than 200 years. After all, Babylon 5's "Valen" left a note for a thousand years to "Jeffery David Sinclair" [B5, season 3, "War Without End"].

The second story take my character back to Highbury in time to prevent highwaymen from robbing and savaging Jane Fairfax after she leave Col. Campbell's protection. Some may think it has violent moments, but the movie that inspire the time slipped character has a PG rating, so it is not likely to be higher than PG-13. It need a beta who recognize the inspirational story and is savvy where keeping a character in type does not cross over from inspired into plagiarized. Especially since that character is like my own Great-Grandfather who lived and died that same way, and my own father died with *_the same_* disease. And I can already hear my own quack with the long face.

The third story take my character, a Black Sheep shot down in "The Slot" and smoking, through a time slip, to Longbourn. The time slip undo the effect of entropy on the pilot and the Vought F-4U Corsair, but the electrics; battery and lack of magnetism for ignition; is dead. Hiram West do a dead - stick landing, and the Miss Bennets come upon him on their way to Meryton. This is near ready to post, but need a beta look.

Which seem the most interesting to you? Who seek to do beta? Which is first to post? I believe each story's posting will be complete in about 5 parts.

"The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." -Ambassador Kosh Naranek
SubjectAuthorPosted

CHOSE, ONE OR ALL

Rae ElaineMarch 14, 2015 09:28PM

Re: CHOSE, ONE OR ALL

Heather H.March 15, 2015 08:49PM

Part One is posted!/was Re: CHOSE, ONE OR ALL

Rae ElaineMarch 23, 2015 12:19AM

Call for beta/Re: CHOSE, ONE OR ALL

Rae ElaineMarch 17, 2015 10:10PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 15?