Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Sent the MS to the COL. BRITANNIA Collection Earlier This Week

March 14, 2015 12:17AM
I sent of the 'script for what will be the first of two Col. Britannia collections. This book will contain six stories, including two entered here at Dwiggie. I intended to do eleven or twelve, but, when I finished the sixth, I found that so far, including historical notes, the books was running at about 90,000 words. I talked to me editor at Pro Se Press, and told him the completed collection might run as many as 180,000 words. He replied that he didn't like collections that ran that long, so we decided to do two volumes.

For those of you who want a sneak preview, the two stories you can find here are "The Broken Sting" and "Meet Captain Britannia." The versions in the book will have some revisions. For one, "The Broken String" is now (at the suggestion of my wife, Katy) "The Severed String," and the military title of the hero has, for copyright reasons, been changed to "Col. Britannia." But there haven't been any major changes.

BTW, the versions posted on this site will only be found in the DWG Board section. Since they're going to be published, I requested that they not be posted in any of the Story Galleries.

When I get some cover art, I'll post it here.

Wish me luck.

JIM D.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Sent the MS to the COL. BRITANNIA Collection Earlier This Week

Jim D.March 14, 2015 12:17AM

Re: Sent the MS to the COL. BRITANNIA Collection Earlier This Week

Jim G.MMarch 14, 2015 09:17AM

Re: Sent the MS to the COL. BRITANNIA Collection Earlier This Week

Jim D.March 14, 2015 04:39PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 16?