Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: Charlotte Collins: A Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

December 08, 2010 10:13PM
I remember reading a Bit of Ivory on Pemberley.com that had a bit where Charlotte was widowed. I just scanned the title list, but could not find a familiar name or description. Regrettably, that read must have been long enough past that my browser timed out the followed links, so I could not limit my search with that method.

Some of the minor characters of P&P could be fascinating. Since we are sufficiently teased about Anne de Bourgh's abilities and condition, I think she is one potential interesting subject. Could that be her cover as an assistant to the Scarlet Pimpernell? Could she be yesteryear's Bat Girl? The mind boggle itself when there is so little outline in which to prescribe option limits.

Recently, I bought P&P at Hastings, the Penguin edition in paperback, for $8.00. After paying 7 -to- 10 prices for certain favorite books after they went out of publication, I considered that $8.00 very fair, even though JA may never truly be out of print again.

Your word count caused me to check the count of my saga. /Ellayn O'Kosh/ has more than 600,000 words in that pentateuch. I calculate that it will need weaning before it go to editor, but I thought it easier to edit by dissection than filling in the holes.

"The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." -Ambassador Kosh Naranek
SubjectAuthorPosted

Charlotte Collins: A Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

JenniferBectonDecember 07, 2010 03:27AM

KaydeeJanuary 25, 2011 05:25AM

Rae ElaineDecember 08, 2010 10:13PM

JenniferBectonDecember 09, 2010 05:30AM

Sagas and such...

Rae ElaineJanuary 29, 2011 10:19PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 16?