Welcome to our board! Log In Create A New Profile
Use mobile view

Advanced

Re: I'm confused

February 18, 2015 12:34PM
Suzanne O:

That all sounds very much as it should be historically and via references. Film adaptations do use a large amount of artistic licence which generally isn't too detrimental, but the last version pushed a few boundaries with period, style and leaving out characters as well as making everything over- rural. ( I.M.O) Jane Austen's book is of course always canon and I honestly believe ( and this is just my opinion) when she wrote Pride and Prejudice- indeed all her novels- that she didn't see them or he her characters anywhere near as complex as we readers do. We all have our own interpretations based on her habit of leaving descriptions to our imaginations. As such I'd describe the opening event in the 2005 version as more a communal village ball, church social than an assembley,which would be a fair enough situation to include young children. The BBC version was much more how I'd imagine the Meryton assembly to be. That's what mainly prompted my question.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Out.

Jim G.MFebruary 17, 2015 01:36PM

I'm confused

Debra McFebruary 17, 2015 06:28PM

Jim G.MFebruary 17, 2015 08:06PM

Suzanne OFebruary 18, 2015 03:00AM

Jim G.MFebruary 18, 2015 12:34PM

The KK version was bad

IngridFebruary 19, 2015 04:58PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 13?